About CourseAre you ready to take your lighting skills to the next level? Join Master Craftsmen Photographer James Schmelzer as he guides you through the transition from strobes to using constant lighting sources. We no longer need to use strobes all of the time, and constant lighting gives us the ability to better read the lighting on the face. James starts off with an introduction into lighting theory, then takes you through the step-by-step process of setting up various types of constant lighting sources, and ways to create different effects with some of the lights that are available today. Constant lighting sources make it fun and easy to experiment, and you'll leave the class feeling inspired to try some of the techniques in your own photography!
- Lesson 1: Introduction 02:12
- Lesson 2: Lighting Theory 12:45
- Lesson 3: Distance From the Subject 09:30
- Lesson 4: Adding a Reflector 03:26
- Lesson 5: Hair Light 13:33
- Lesson 6: Large Silver Umbrella 09:50
- Lesson 7: Lighting Your Background Separately from your Subject 07:04
- Lesson 8: Using a Spotlight 04:40
- Lesson 9: Fresnel Lens 03:06
- Lesson 10: More Spotlight Effects 02:14
- Lesson 11: Clamping a Softbox 04:02
- Lesson 12: Edge Lighting 07:44
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
James Schmelzer is an award winning photographer, lecturer, and has been the technical representative for F.J. Westcott Company for over 25 years. James has been actively involved in designing new light modifier products as well as creating instructional videos demonstrating control of light. He conducts workshops, speaks at seminars, and demonstrates lighting at tradeshows. He's also the author and creator of the Quality of Light video series. James has been a member of the Professional Photographers of America, where he holds the Master Craftsman Photographer Degree. He also holds a Master's Degree with the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International. James is owner of Elite Photographic Studio in Shelby Township, Michigan where he specializes in High School Senior portraits and Weddings.