About CourseGet ready to take your compositing skills to the next level! Join Corey Barker as steps you through the creation of a fantasy composite image, from extracting the subject though the final touches. Whether you are using an older version of Photoshop or the latest, you’ll learn how to cleanly extract your subject from the source image, how to build a background environment around your subject, and how to blend all of the elements together using lighting and atmospheric effects to create a believable composite image with impact. Corey will show you ways to use Photoshop that you’ve never thought of before, and he wraps up the class with cool tips for adding text and blending non-human objects into your composite.
- Lesson 1: Introduction 00:45
- Lesson 2: Selecting and Extracting 13:52
- Lesson 3: Using Select and Mask 06:03
- Lesson 4: Adding a Background 06:17
- Lesson 5: Coloring the Background 10:56
- Lesson 6: Lighting Effects 20:37
- Lesson 7: Atmospheric Elements 17:34
- Lesson 8: HDR Toning 13:22
- Lesson 9: Bonus Lesson: Text Effect 09:06
- Lesson 10: Bonus Lesson: Blending Non-Human Objects 14:04
No course objectives yet
Corey is an education and curriculum developer for KelbyOne. He is a graduate of the Ringling School of Art & Design in Sarasota, FL, with a degree in Illustration. Over the years, Corey has worked as a graphic artist in a variety of disciplines such as illustration, commercial design, large format printing, motion graphics, web design and photography. His expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator have earned him numerous awards in illustration, graphic design and photography. Using Photoshop since version 2, his expertise and creativity have evolved exponentially with every new version, which makes Corey an invaluable addition to the KelbyOne team.