About CourseJoin Tom Bol as he teaches this outdoor photography course from the famous mountain-biking Mecca of Moab, Utah. Tom is passionate about adventure sports and Moab is a terrific location to shoot. Follow Tom as he progresses from a simple setup using available lighting and moves on to more complex single-light setups and then on to more advanced lighting. During the course, Tom will be showing viewers how to achieve a decent shot in midday sun, how to freeze and blur the action, how to capture a sun star in the photograph, and much, much more. If you are shooting action outdoors, you won't want to miss this course.
- Lesson 1: Introduction 04:01
- Lesson 2: Pan and Blur 13:05
- Lesson 3: Fill Light 07:05
- Lesson 4: A Figure in the Landscape 04:49
- Lesson 5: Equipment 10:16
- Lesson 6: Sunstar with Reflector 18:21
- Lesson 7: Action Shot with Two Lights 12:31
- Lesson 8: Edgy Portrait 18:56
- Lesson 9: Jump Shot 13:26
- Lesson 10: Nose Wheelie 06:08
- Lesson 11: POV Photography 08:47
- Lesson 12: Magic Arm 13:55
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
Creative. Outgoing. Detailed. Funny. This is how clients describe Tom and his crew. His career began with a journalism degree and wanderlust. It continues with portraits, edgy light and restless creative energy. He often logs over 20,000 road trip miles a year creating images. Not to mention airplanes. He loves espresso, grunge bands and desert sunsets. And exploring light.