This book breaks new ground by doing something for digital photographers that’s never been done before—it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure things out on your own. Instead, it does something that virtually no other Elements book has ever done—it tells you flat-out which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
If you’re looking for one of those “tell-me-everything-about-the-Unsharp-Mask-filter” books, this isn’t it. You can grab any other Elements book on the shelf, because they all
do that. Instead, this book gives you the inside tips and tricks of the trade for organizing, correcting, editing, sharpening, retouching, and printing your photos like a pro. You’ll
be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are—once you know the secrets.
- The real secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
- How to unlock the power of layers, with a chapter brand new to this book (you’ll be amazed at how easy it is!)
- How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs, TIFFs, and PSDs too! (And you’ll learn why so many pros like it best—because
it’s faster and easier)
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there’s an entire chapter just on this!)
- How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including brightening people in dark shadows and getting the best color possible
- The most requested photographic special effects, and much more!
About the Author
Scott Kelby is the world’s #1 best-selling author of computer books (every year since 2004), as well as Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, and President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). He’s the co-host of the highly acclaimed Photoshop User TV, and teaches digital photo and imaging workshops around the world. Scott is an award-winning author of more than 40 books, including The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, The iPod Book, and Scott Kelby’s 7-Point System for Adobe Photoshop CS3.