This book also breaks new ground in the visual way it teaches you the lighting setup. There aren’t any sketches or 3D models – you see the lighting layout in a full-page photo, taken from above during the live shoot, so you can see exactly where everything’s positioned (the subject, the photographer, the lighting, the background – you name it – you see it all). Plus, you’ll see side, over-the-shoulder, and more behind-the-scenes views, so you can absolutely nail the lighting every time.
Scott and RC hosted a live webcast in which they set up lighting, do a photo shoot, and then retouch the images.
Click below to watch the video
LEARN THE LIGHTING SETUPS THE PROS USE
Each year, Scott trains thousands of professional photographers during his Light It. Shoot It. Retouch It. LIVE! seminar tour and now, for the first time ever, he’s taken that incredibly popular style of learning and put in into book form. Now everyone can have a real-world reference for getting the same looks today’s clients are clamoring for. You’ll learn:
- The step-by-step layouts for creating the most-requested and sought-after lighting looks
- How to get more out of one light than you ever thought you could (this is worth it alone!)
- How to control and shape your light without breaking the bank
- The camera settings, gear, and power settings for every shot
- The retouching techniques the pros really use to make their subjects look their very best
- How to retouch hair, eyes, lips, skin, and lots of other little retouching tricks that make a really big difference
- How to create high-contrast portrait effects without buying expensive plug-ins
- A host of insider tricks, invaluable shortcuts, and kick-butt special effects to give you a real advantage over the competition
Plus, Scott included a special bonus chapter that shows how to create these same studio looks using off-camera, hot shoe flashes, and modifiers made for them. There’s never been a book like it.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the country today. Scott is also the Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo, author of numerous Photoshop training DVDs and online courses, and co-host of PhotoshopTV, and “The Grid.” He has written more than 50 books on Photoshop, digital imaging, and technology, and for 2010 was the #1 best-selling author of photography books. Some of his titles include The Adobe Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Down and Dirty Tricks, Scott Kelby’s 7-Point System for Adobe Photoshop, and The Digital Photography Book, vols. 1, 2, and 3.