Ready to watch this entire course?
Join KelbyOne and access all of our video courses.
About CourseJoin Corey Barker as he shows designers some fun and creative ways to manipulate text in Photoshop. Along with a healthy dose of design tips, viewers will also learn about where to find free fonts on the web, sources for type-design inspiration, how to design with smart objects, color effects, and layer styles. The last few lessons of this course cover how to design with the new 3D tools in Photoshop CS5 Extended. These final lessons are specific to CS5 Extended, but there is plenty of information in this course for every version of Photoshop. Whether you work in print or web, text effects are important design elements for users in every area and at every skill level.
- Lesson 1: Introduction and Key Concepts 07:08
- Lesson 2: Hollywood Effects, Part 1 09:47
- Lesson 3: Hollywood Effects, Part 2 09:54
- Lesson 4: Displaced Textures 06:41
- Lesson 5: Surfer Style Text 11:52
- Lesson 6: Warping Effects 13:05
- Lesson 7: Type Brush Effects 12:48
- Lesson 8: Text, Paths, and Styles 12:08
- Lesson 9: Words and Shapes 10:57
- Lesson 10: 3D Word Cloud 11:17
- Lesson 11: 3D Reflection Effects 14:14
- Lesson 12: 3D Hollywood Effects, Part 1 11:20
- Lesson 13: 3D Hollywood Effects, Part 2 10:23
No course objectives yet
Corey is an education and curriculum developer for KelbyOne. He is a graduate of the Ringling School of Art & Design in Sarasota, FL, with a degree in Illustration. Over the years, Corey has worked as a graphic artist in a variety of disciplines such as illustration, commercial design, large format printing, motion graphics, web design and photography. His expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator have earned him numerous awards in illustration, graphic design and photography. Using Photoshop since version 2, his expertise and creativity have evolved exponentially with every new version, which makes Corey an invaluable addition to the KelbyOne team.