About CourseWhether you are completely new to CSS or you are just trying to master the basics, Janine's crash course will get you up to speed quickly. Learn when to use internal vs. external style sheets, the best uses for the various selector types, and how the basics of CSS are the same for everything from WordPress blogs to Dreamweaver web sites.
- Lesson 1: Introduction 02:11
- Lesson 2: Understanding CSS 10:13
- Lesson 3: Editing CSS in Dreamweaver 09:46
- Lesson 4: Comparing Internal, External, and Inline Styles 11:39
- Lesson 5: Creating Styles with the Class Selector 12:34
- Lesson 6: Creating Styles with the ID Selector 12:47
- Lesson 7: Creating Styles with the Tag (or Element) Selector 10:42
- Lesson 8: Combining Style Rules to Create Compound Styles 13:51
- Lesson 9: Creating Styles for Links 13:25
- Lesson 10: Using Floats to Align Elements 09:12
- Lesson 11: Inserting Divs and Centering a CSS Layout 05:49
- Lesson 12: Editing Dreamweaver CSS Layouts 12:33
- Lesson 13: Conclusion 00:35
No course objectives yet
Janine Warner's best-selling books and videos on web design have won her an international following and earned her speaking and consulting engagements around the world. Since 1996, she's written more than a dozen books about the Internet, including Web Sites For Dummies (DIY), Dreamweaver For Dummies (every edition), and her latest, Mobile Web Design For Dummies. She's also a regular contributor to Layers Magazine.Janine is the host of more than 50 hours of Web design training videos on Adobe Dreamweaver and CSS. She has worked on large and small Web site projects, and she is the creator of the Web design training site DigitalFamily.com.