About CourseFrom pros to amateurs (and even kids), sports portrait photography has never been more popular. Join Joe McNally as he walks you through the lighting setups for several indoor sports portraits. You'll get to watch over his shoulder as he mixes the lighting with the indoor environment to capture the key athletic moments.
- Lesson 1: Tools for Creating the Mood 02:46
- Lesson 2: Setting the Scenes 02:37
- Lesson 3: Geometry 01:11
- Lesson 4: The Basics – One Light Treatment 03:51
- Lesson 5: Subject Position and Feathering 05:40
- Lesson 6: Small Flash and Diffusion 07:25
- Lesson 7: Industrial Environment 13:40
- Lesson 8: Light and Shadow 05:20
- Lesson 9: Goodfellas Lighting 12:07
- Lesson 10: Background Drama 12:26
- Lesson 11: Wrap Up 03:03
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
Joe McNally is an internationally acclaimed photographer whose career has spanned 30 years and included assignments in over 50 countries. He has shot cover stories for TIME, Newsweek, Fortune, New York, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times Sunday Magazine, and Men's Journal. He has been at various times in his career a contract photographer for Sports Illustrated, a staff photographer at LIFE, and, currently, an ongoing 23-year contributor to the National Geographic, shooting numerous cover stories for those publications.