About CourseInternationally recognized wedding photographer, Cliff Mautner walks you through challenging wedding photo scenarios and explains how to use a single speedlight for impressive effect. Working with, rather than trying to overpower ambient light, allows Cliff to capture critical wedding elements in less than traditional fashion. And by moving the flash off camera, his need to constantly reset his camera as he moves from one position to another, is kept to a minimum. Even if you've been shooting for years, you're sure to gain some new insights that will save you time and make your wedding photography even better.
- Lesson 1: Intro Plus Necessary Speedlight Gear 05:16
- Lesson 2: The Why Behind Cliff's Lighting Methods 07:31
- Lesson 3: When Cliff Uses Flash 03:08
- Lesson 4: Mixing Light with Ambient 03:41
- Lesson 5: Assessing the Venue 06:27
- Lesson 6: Shooting the First Dance 11:06
- Lesson 7: Blessings & Toasts 09:05
- Lesson 8: Formal Family Photos 06:10
- Lesson 9: Texture, Dimension and Mood 02:40
No course objectives yet
No materials available for this course
Recognized by WPPI as "one of the top photographers and educators in the world," Cliff Mautner's 28-year career in photography includes 15 years and 6000 assignments as a photojournalist with the Philadelphia Inquirer, and work for an eclectic array of commercial clientele ranging from Comcast to Subaru. After launching his wedding photography career, he became well known for his ability to create quality images in some of the most difficult lighting conditions. After 750 weddings, he hasn't looked back.